Mignonette Oyster Sauce
This is a quick and delicious classic French sauce to make with oyster. Go though some trouble to find shallots as it gives this sauce a very soft and delicate taste. If not available use a mixture of white and red onion as an alternative. The sauce can be made in advance and brought out just before serving your oysters.
Serves 6 to 8
PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes (Rest 1 hour)
- 2 shallots very finely chopped
- 75 ml of good quality appel cider vinegar
- 75 ml of rice vinegar or soft red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of castor sugar
- Grounded black and pink pepper corns
- Pinch of salt
1 – Mix all the ingredients together and let it rest for at least an hour in the fridge.
2 – Serve with freshly chucked oysters